Eve has recently released new devices with thread. On the one hand the motion sensor of the second generation (Eve Motion, here our test), on the other hand Eve Aqua in generation 3. The irrigation control seems strange at first glance, because the predecessor already mastered Thread and is therefore at best part of your mesh network.
With the smart Eve Aqua watering control system, garden watering can be activated using an iPhone, Siri or an integrated button – Eve Aqua switches it off automatically. In the Eve app or Apple Home you can quickly create schedules to automate the watering of the garden and terrace plants – completely autonomously, without connection to the Internet and without a bridge or gateway.
The new Eve Aqua builds on the fundamentals of its predecessor, but comes with a new design inside and out. Externally, Eve Aqua has a solid case in space gray with a matt black front. A solenoid valve works inside, which is more durable, better protected against leaks and practically silent in operation. For the connection to the water tap, Eve Aqua now uses a connector with a metal thread.
Eve Aqua 3rd generation, that’s in it:
– Requirements: iPhone or iPad with the latest version of iOS/iPadOS; Automation, notifications, and remote control of this HomeKit-enabled device requires a HomePod (mini) or Apple TV (4th generation or newer) as the home hub
– Thread: 50,5mm
– Ambient conditions: 4 °C – 26 °C
– Pressure: Min 1 bar / Max 5 bar
– IPX4 water resistance
– UV resistant
– Power supply: Two replaceable AA batteries
– Wireless connectivity: Bluetooth Low Energy, Thread
– Dimensions: 77 x 95 x 50 mm