A classic could soon reach fans old and new, as THQ Nordic has shown that a new Alone in the Dark works – 2018 you had the rights to the 1920 published game by Atari purchased. According to the developers, it is a declaration of love to the cult classic horror game of the 90ers.
Deep down south in the 1920s, Emily Hartwood’s uncle has disappeared. Together with private detective Edward Carnby, she embarks on a journey to Derceto Manor to uncover the mysteries of this mysterious place and the circumstances surrounding the disappearance of her relative.
She encounters strange inhabitants, nightmarish worlds , dangerous monsters and finally uncovers a plot of the rising evil. At the intersection of reality, mystery and madness, an adventure awaits that will challenge your core beliefs. Who can you trust, what will you believe and what will you do next?
- Explore Derceto Manor in this Reimagining Alone in the Dark, a homage to the 90 cult classic horror film.
- Return to the roots of psychological horror in an atmospheric journey worthy of the game that founded the genre.
- Plunge into a world of chilling sounds with a haunting yet mesmerizing dark jazz soundtrack.
- Enjoy the thrill of desperate survival in a world where reality is beginning to crumble, evil lurks in every shadow and ammunition is scarce.
- Experience this nightmare from the perspective of either Emily Hartwood or Edward Carnby and uncover the dark secrets of a Gothic mansion.
- Lose you h in a profound psychological story beyond imagination from the pen of Mikael Hedberg, the cult horror writer of SOMA and Amnesia.